Sunday, January 8, 2012

A messy process


The writing process is messy. Therefore, I have decided my office should reflect that process. Here it is, in all its glory. You know what? I don't even really feel like cleaning it up. I'm in the throes of one book revision, and getting the urge to start writing another project that's been on the back-burner. Revision is messy; crafting new material is messy, too.

I know where everything is in this office. Rest assured my entire home doesn't look like this. My office is upstairs, walled off from the rest of the room. Clutter does tend to creep up in other parts of the home, but in the more used areas I do a fairly good job of keeping it under control. Today I cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed and cleaned the kitchen, so if my office is messy so be it.

What does your writing/creative area look like? Can you work amid clutter, or do you need everything in its place?

1 comment:

Kara B said...

I like to work in clean, empty spaces...which my office is not. So, ironically, I don't do work in my office. My favorite place to write is on the living room couch. I'm sure it's terrible for posture and one day I'll pay the price...