Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Guess who's "writing" a memoir? (April 7 edition)

From Publisher's Marketplace:

"TV stars, newlyweds and hopeful parents, E! anchor Giuliana Rancic and Apprentice winner Bill Rancic's I DO . . . NOW WHAT?: Stories and Advice from America's Favorite Couple, a window into their love affair, first year of marriage, and their intimate struggles to have a baby, a mixture of memoir and advice..."

Um yeah, I've been married more than 15 years. Sign me up to buy this book of their marriage advice.

Prediction: Remainder shelf in two years after their divorce.

1 comment:

Christina Rodriguez said...

I remember seeing some chick write a "marital advice" post on her blog - she and her husband are only slightly older than me, have been together 10 years, and married for 5. Those are basically the same specs for me and my husband, so it was like if I thought I could give marriage advice. Absurd!

This is another example of publishing companies relying on celebrity status to sell books.