Friday, July 31, 2009

Revision update

Spent about six hours on revision this week. Hopefully I can log another hour or two over the weekend. If only my memoir were about identity theft, ancient Rome, or Warren Harding! I would then know all I need to know.

I have the first 10 chapters mostly revised, which takes me up to page 96. I was surprised to see such a high page count. I'm about one-third of the way done, but I don't think the manuscript will approach 300 words. That seems to be a little on the long side for memoir. I'd like to keep it around 225 pages, maybe 250 at the most. I guess I'll see how it all shakes out. I wish I had a solid target date, but I can't even begin to guess.

I'm currently working on a revision plan, based on questions suggested by Elizabeth Jarrett Andrew in my last Loft memoir manuscript class.

No comments: