Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Revision, revision

Six weeks after school ended, free time finally arrives. I spent up to this point clearing other projects off my desk.

Today I'm diving into memoir revision (yet again!). I have a new prologue and I revised/added to Chapter 1. Forward, march!

My major stumbling block when it comes to revision is lack of confidence. In my head, everything is perfect. I know what I need to do, and in my head it sounds great. But I freeze when I sit in front of the computer. Will I be able to translate what's in my head to the page? Will I be able to adequately address the questions and comments that so many people have given me? That transfer from the head to the page is my biggest problem. The only way I can confront it is to simply keep moving forward. I spent some time today stressing over it, but once I forced myself to sit down and work, some things fell into place. And they always do. So why do I forget that every time I sit down to write? Why can't I ever remember the times when it worked?

No comments: