Saturday, June 27, 2009

End of Week 1 report

I guess it's only been half a week, but I'm happy to report that I've been able to work on revision for a couple of hours each day. It looks like I'm settling into a routine:

"Work" work before breakfast
Breakfast, take dog for walk, go for short run
Clean up. By this time it's about 10 a.m. Work on revision until noon.
Lunch time, read for a bit, likely a nap!
"Work" work in afternoon
Late afternoon/evening bike ride

This is my ideal day. I don't know how many days each week I'll be able to do it, because stuff always comes up, it seems. At least once a week I plan to use one long day for just writing, no work (or at least minimal work).

I've pretty much revised the prologue and Chapters 1-3 this week. My goal is to have a new draft by the end of August.

No comments: