Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Coming up for air

Whew -- my three online classes are finally finished! There were a couple of times in the past few weeks where I thought they'd sink me. I could not wait for the light at the end of the tunnel that was early May.

I have a couple of work projects going on, but the good news is that I should be able to dive into the revision process for the memoir.

I've been pecking away at it, a half-hour or an hour each morning for the past several weeks. Checking in with the other nonfiction writers from the Loft Mentorship program and my writing group has been a HUGE help. It's nice to know that I have to report to someone. It's not like there's a punishment if I don't write anything, but I like to be able to say I wrote 500 words or 800 words or worked on hour on revision.

So I think I have the first two chapters in place. Now I need to think about what chapter should be the logical next step.

No comments: