Friday, May 9, 2008

Ace Frehley, baby!



Ace Frehley. First Ave. May 8. Flaming guitar and all. (photo not from First Ave show -- from May 2007, taken by Jerrod Vrazel of zrock.com).

I find it slightly disturbing that I've seen Ace perform more than I've seen Morrissey (six to four). If you would have told me this 15 years ago, I would have collapsed on the floor laughing. But the nice thing about being married to your opposite is that you're exposed to things you would never think of doing.

I also find it slightly disturbing that I knew the words to most of the songs.

But the show cements the fact that I really actually like Ace Frehley songs.

2 comments:

renee hilgren said...

It's a wonderful thing to see your own personal musical appreciation and tastes evolve over time. I found it disturbing lately to see my hidden inner "country" persona emerge. **much like your disturbing realization that you have now seen Ace more times than Morrissey! My Dolly Parton concert on May 7 is the YIN to your May 8 Ace Frehley's YANG.
Your sister, R.J.Hilgren

Anonymous said...

I admit it: I've seen him in concert, too!