Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some good news

I got this email yesterday:

"Dear Rachael Hanel,

"The editors at The Truth About The Fact: International Journal of Literary Nonfiction are pleased to accept Dad Digs Uncle Davey’s Grave for publication in the Spring 2009, Volume IV Number I issue. We received over 350 submissions from the international literary community, including impressive narratives about life in South Africa, India, China, Canada, Great Britain and the United States. Your work was one of only 35 pieces selected.


"We respect your commitment to your craft, and we are honored to have this wonderful piece published in our journal."

The interesting thing is that I had been hoping lately for a piece of good news. I have a lot of things out there -- essays and grant applications -- and I was wondering when I would start to hear something about them. I mentioned to David a few days ago that I was really craving some news, and like I always do when I feel this way, I prayed about it. This is NOT the first time that I've prayed for some good news about my writing and it was delivered. I'm still so amazed when that happens.

No comments: