Wednesday, January 14, 2009

finished third draft

I do declare that I think I've finished a third draft of WE'LL BE THE LAST ONES TO LET YOU DOWN. I think it's still a little rough (especially toward the end) and slightly disjointed, but I'm hoping it will provide a solid foundation for the next rewrite. And I really hope and pray the next rewrite doesn't take two years!

This draft is 224 pages, about 70,000 words. I'm really happy about that, because all this time I've been plagued by the feeling that it wouldn't be long enough. I'm just not a "long" writer -- I blame my journalism background. But short pieces start to add up.

I'm going to let it sit for a bit, maybe do a little polishing here and there, and give it to my lovely friends who have agreed to read it!

Now I have to print it out. I'm sorry for the small tree I'm killing doing that!

No comments: