Thursday, July 12, 2007

Good news!

I got a call from the program director at The Loft today letting me know I'm one of four participants chosen for the Mentorship Series in nonfiction. I'll be working with Barrie Jean Borich, who wrote the memoir, "My Lesbian Husband." I read it a few years ago; it's a compelling story.

I really stressed in my essay that I want to use the mentorship to work on revising the entire manuscript. The mentorship lasts the academic year, so I hope it will result in a good end product.

It's funny, too, because the past few days I've really been wishing for some good news. I've been putting so much out there -- book excerpts, grant applications, cover letters/resumes for more children's nonfiction work -- and not hearing anything back. It's like I just wanted some outside validation, and I guess I got it!

No comments: