Monday, June 25, 2007

Writing nonfiction for children

I attended a class Sunday, June 24, at The Loft in Minneapolis titled "Writing for the Children's Educational Market." The instructor, Laura Purdie Salas, gave participants a number of useful tips for finding work in this niche market. I wasn't sure how helpful the workshop would be going into it, as I already have some experience writing for this market. However, the workshop was definitely worth my time and money. The work I've done has come as a result of personal connections, so I've never had to send an informational packet, query letter, work samples, etc. I'm looking to expand in this field, and the information I gleaned will hopefully help me do that.

Once again, The Loft proves to be an excellent writing resource!

No comments: