Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A good mail day

I got home Monday evening and there was a mysterious check waiting for me from Western Washington University. I'm used to getting checks in the mail from colleges, as I do some online teaching. However, this university wasn't ringing a bell. I open it, and realize it's for my piece in the spring issue of Bellingham Review! It's not much, of course, but this represents my first payment for published creative writing work. I feel like framing the check, but then I wouldn't be able to cash it.

Also waiting for me were several Photoshop books from my friend Katie. She graciously agreed to send them to me since she was going to recycle them anyway. All I had to do was pay for shipping. Now I have giant Photoshop books to go along with new Canon Digital Rebel.

My husband wonders why I eagerly wait for the mail each day. It's for days like Monday, when I receive money and free books. Is there anything better?

No comments: