Sunday, August 19, 2007

My first media mention!

Holy crap! My name is in this week's Minneapolis City Pages, the metro alternative weekly. There's a little preview/review of Blueroad in the A-List, the extended calendar of weekly events. We had a nice little reading today in St. Paul, and the preview/review appeared to support it. It's a good review, and my name is one of three contributors mentioned by name within the short piece. It says something like "it doesn't take much digging to find gems... The narrator in Rachael Hanel's 'The First Glimpse' meditates on the deaths of members of her family."

So, that's it, but whatever, it's a mention! It feels pretty cool.

And they spelled my name wrong. I'm used to it. I corrected it above, for obvious reasons.

On a side note, I'm typing this from the Holiday Inn Rivercentre in St. Paul. I have to report to jury duty at 8 a.m. at the St. Paul courthouse for U.S. District Court. Should be interesting.

No comments: